Prof. Zvi Ram is the Chairman of the European Neurosurgical Associations (NEOS) and a member of the executive committee of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons. He is a recognized authority on neurosurgery and neuro-oncology, working closely with Biotherapy International.
Prof. Zvi Ram specializes in advanced neurosurgical operations on the brain and spinal cord. In his surgical practice, he combines traditional and minimally invasive endoscopic methods.
In addition to treating tumors and traumatic lesions affecting the CNS, the doctor has had great success in the following areas:
Performing minimally invasive and conventional surgery to remove neoplasms in the brain and pituitary gland (including performing stereotactic radiosurgery and transnasal access interventions);
- Complex surgery of brain tumors;
- Treatments for brain and spinal cord diseases, as well as Parkinson’s disease and epilepsy;
- Performance of endoscopic surgeries to eliminate hydrocephalus.
Prof. Ram is active in clinical research and is currently conducting trials in cancer therapy, genetic engineering and molecular neuro-oncology.
Education and clinical experience
- University of Maryland School of Medicine (USA).
- Fellowship at Sheba Medical Center (where he is currently the Head of the Department of Neurosurgery).
- Served as Manager of the surgical department at Ichilov Hospital, the largest medical center in Tel Aviv.
- Senior Neurosurgical Specialist in the Neurosurgery.
- Department at the National Institutes of Health (USA).
- Leadership of the Neurosurgery Department at Chaim Sheba Medical Center.
- Worked as a neurosurgeon for the IDF’s emergency medical service.
Currently, Zvi Ram is teaching at the Faculty of Medicine at Tel Aviv University, where he previously served as an Associate Professor. He is a well-regarded scientist and researcher, and has authored 140 scientific papers and 200 articles.