Shlomi Constantini is a well-known pediatric neurosurgeon both in Israel and around the world. He has over 30 years of experience and is currently serving as the head of the Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery at the “Ichilov” Hospital. He closely cooperates with the Biotherapy International.
Dr. Constantini’s vast surgical trajectory has established him as a highly experienced leader in the following procedures:
- Surgical removal of malignant and benign brain or spine tumors.
- Reconstructive surgery to eliminate congenital defects in the structure of the skull, brain, and spine.
- Surgical treatment following traumatic brain injury.
- Surgical restoration of brain vessels.
- Surgical treatment of epilepsy and hydrocephalus.
- Neurosurgical therapy for muscle spasticity.
In his practical work, Professor Constantini uses innovative neuroendoscopic technology for neurosurgical diagnostics and therapy.
- 1977-1983 – Faculty of Medicine, Hebrew University, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem.
- Senior Neurosurgeon, Hadassah Hospital, Jerusalem.
- Visiting Specialist at Toronto Children’s Hospital, Canada.
- Pediatric neurosurgeon, Sourasky Hospital (Ichilov), Tel Aviv.
- Licenses: Neuroscientist (1984), Neurosurgeon (1990).
The doctor effectively combines clinical, research, and teaching activities. Since 1997, Shlomo Constantini has been a professor at the Medical University in Tel Aviv.
As a researcher, Dr. Constantini has authored a dozen innovative developments and over 240 scientific papers, which have received the well-deserved acclaim of the world’s scientific community.
Thanks to timely access to a specialist, early diagnosis, and neurosurgical treatment of pathologies, the professor has saved the lives of hundreds of patients.